Materials Management Lead (5060r)
Menlo Park, CA | Contract
Materials Management Lead
Looking for a materials management lead to work on a very hands on, creative and collaborative role. This will be to create a customer focused materials management road map/strategy. This person should be comfortable working cross functionally across Go To Market, User Research, Brand/Marketing, and Engineering to ensure the necessary materials flow is met.
• Lead the efforts in reducing financial exposure and outlay in regards to their product field – Capture, Document and Communicate findings.
• Work with OEM to provide materials strategy is in place and the necessary material flow is achieved.
• Lead the proactive measures are planned in regards to demand.
• Prepare for problems in supply chain flow and establish contingencies.
• Inventory management and establish buyer / planner goals matching demand.
• Lead initiatives for material substitutions, alternative supply options, and manage engineering cost saving as it relates to suppliers.
• Review and potentially modify or create a new vendor evaluation process that is most effective.
• Identify KPI’s (Key Process Indicator) for material management/measuring and communicate these in a data driven manner.
• Extensive experience in Customer Experience / Repair Ops.
• Experience leading the design and implementation of a customer focused materials management strategy road map which will ensure a successful product launch.
• Experience driving complex and fast paced projects in a highly visible role.
• Expert in Customer Experience Ops, material management and consumer warranty policies/repair ops.
• Strong abilities in creating and tracking data driven processes - Six Sigma qualifications are a big plus.
• Ability to think strategically and innovate against the marketplace/customers’ needs – Analytical, detail oriented, operations focused
• Must have experience not only working independently but also manage a small employee base.
• Ability and openness to travel up to 25%. (Global travel).
• Degree in Engineering, Ops, Supply Chain, etc. or equivalent work experience.