RF Test Engineer (5145)
Santa Clara , CA | Contract
RF Test Engineer
Test and characterize wireless technology solutions in the lab. Help build and set up an anechoic chamber. Develop test automation scripts.
- Participate in interactions with key technology partners, including evaluation and testing of chipsets, subsystems and complete wireless system solutions
- Plan and execute lab and field tests of various subsystems from chipset evaluation platforms through to complete wireless system solutions, characterizing performance
- Deliver clear, concise professional verbal and written communication
- BSEE with 5+ years of RF testing experience. Must know rate vs range testing. Antennae testing.
- Experience with designing, developing and testing WiFi technologies
- Understanding of key principles of the PHY and MAC layer of WiFi technologies
- Working knowledge of Linux and experience with basic scripting, such as Shell or Python, to setup and configure systems, and automation tasks
- 2+ years of experience using test equipment such as spectrum analyzer, power meter, vector signal analyzer/generator, etc. Tools like Ixia, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience setting up and configuring LANs
- Ability to design and build test fixtures and setups to support testing in the lab and in the field
- Experience with developing and executing test plans, including experience with test case automation