Sr. Linux Systems Admin (5194)
Scotts Valley, CA | Contract
Looking for a strong Linux System Admin to support as well as further develop the AWS infrastructure. This person is going to use a wide range of DevOps tools & frameworks under the direction of the supervisor. This person will be supporting the development, staging & production AWS workflows. This person will not only be supporting existing systems but they will also assist in coming up with new suggestions & implementation of solutions to complex issues.
• Administer the AWS environment, Linux systems/Apple systems - Configure, Troubleshoot, Automation
• Suggest solutions to complex problems and drive these from conception to reality.
• Run with the maintenance, writing and development of documentations which is critical to IT ops.
• Run the security checks for current IT systems & solutions.
• Assist the development team by troubleshooting day to day problems.
• Continuously improve your understanding and knowledge of areas which are beneficial for the company.
• Thorough understanding and experience of AWS cloud network infrastructure.
• Solid and in depth knowledge of Linux systems & scripting.
• Strong Python & Ruby programming.
• configuration management tools like Chef
• Solid experience with HashiCorps products - Packer, Vagrant, Terraform [Infrastructure as code]
• Ability to work in a fast paced start up like environment.
• Extensive experience with Linux environments.
• Extensive AWS experience.