Technical Writer – Automotive or Control Software Experience (5062r)
Santa Clara , CA
Technical Writer – Automotive or control software experience
Create algorithm description documents, calibration guides, user manuals, technical documents. etc. for gasoline engine control algorithms.
Understand requirements, develop documentation plans, and work with engineers to document the product.
Build PDF and/or HTML from Microsoft Office tools and Adobe tools such as Illustrator and FrameMaker.
• Experience documenting control algorithms and procedural guidelines for engineering audience.
• Experience with model based software, state machines or flowcharts to understand and document software functionality.
• Experience designing and developing charts, graphs, and diagrams using tools such as Excel, Visio.
• Experience in integrating graphical assets with technical documentation to help illustrate and explain technical concepts.
• Proven ability to write clear procedural and reference information for complex products, following style and tagging guidelines.
• Programming experience in C, Simulink or MATLAB.
• Experience with source control (such as git, cvs, svn, perforce, etc.)
• Degree in Technical Communication, Automotive; Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.