Hardware Test Engineer
DOE Mountain View, CA 94043 | Contract
Testing system level hardware for networking and/or server systems. Perform bench level repair and bring-up on engineering prototypes. Prepare and execute diagnostic test plans while documenting results. Assemble test fixtures, load banks, and other components common to product development. Develop and execute system level hardware qualification test plans.
- Decent knowledge of http and network layers is key. Network configuration. Board bring up and failure analyses of complex processor boards and networking products.
- Board level testing skills – oscilloscopes, reading schematics, basic debugging skills.
- Expert level skills with benchtop HW validation and test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies & loads, DAQs) and reading schematics and board layout files.
- Hardware systems testing experience – Create and run scripts, review and interpret Linux system and kernel logs and complex test script results. Expert level knowledge of linux utilities and tools such as ifconfig, ssh, and grep.
- Networking skills – must be able to install DUT (device under test) on the network and set IP address, as well as troubleshoot, root-cause, and resolve networking issues related to the DUT.
- Networking configuration - ifconfig
- Scripting – must have previous experience creating test scripts for hardware test and/or validation. Can be with Python, Bash, Perl, etc. Python preferred.
- Familiarity of interfaces such as I2C, PCIe, USB , etc.
- Familiarity of memory qualification - DDR
- Familiarity with signal integrity
- Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits.
- Familiarity with power systems
- Experience with optical transceivers – sfp and qsfp desired