Hardware Testing Engineer (5154r)
Mountain View, CA | Contract
Hardware Testing Engineer
Setup, test, and troubleshooting of prototype systems down to component level.
• Perform bench level repair and bring-up on engineering prototypes; Prepare and execute diagnostic test plans while documenting results.
• Execute DVT test plans such as signal integrity measurements and environmental tests; Generate and apply engineering change orders or other experimental reworks.
• Assemble test fixtures, load banks, and other components common to product development.
• 5 years of experience testing and troubleshooting experience in a hardware R&D lab environment, with understanding of hardware evaluation methodologies, including development of test cases/suites, performance monitoring, test automation, and data analysis.
• Familiarity with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, amp-probes, and automation of tests.
• Board bring up.
• Familiarity of interfaces such as I2C, PCIe, USB , etc.
• Familiarity of memory qualification - DDR
• Familiarity with signal integrity
• Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits.
• Must be able to work from schematics, CAD drawings, rough engineering drawings and/or verbal instructions.
• Possess soldering skills and is able to solder small packages such as 0402 resistors and other SMT devices.
• Scripting is a plus
• Experience with networking products such as switches and routers highly desired