Linux Systems Administrator/Tools Developer
DOE Mountain View, CA 94043 | Contract
Support Linux machines running EDA tools in a large, clustered environment. Build and configure monitoring for these servers. Write tools to help manage machines at scale including Puppet configuration and management. Install and troubleshoot operating systems.
- 5+ years' experience
- Solid Linux background
- Solid Bash, Perl or Python scripting experience is required
- Experience with in-depth Linux debugging (strace, ldd, GDB, ltrace, etc)
- Troubleshoot the operating system, networking, and shared storage in a cluster environment
- Dealing with license checkout, solving kerberos keytab issues, to highlight the complexity.
- Analyzing the configuration requirements and using the Puppet automation language to automate configuration management
- Analyze the components of the system and build tools that enable detecting malfunctions and finding the root cause of the malfunctions
- Python expertise would be a strong plus
- Prior cloud experience, LSF experience or EDA experience highly desired