Senior Cloud Solution Architect - AWS
Campbell, CA 95008 | Contract
The Sr. Cloud Solution Architect will be responsible for selling, architecture and delivery of cloud solutions.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as a subject matter expert around cloud solutions, specifically AWS.
- Primarily, act as technical lead or individual contributor on Professional Services project delivery teams.
- Secondarily, act as a technical liaison between the customer, sales team and vendors to provide technical expertise in analyzing customer’s requirements, recommending solutions and assisting sales and other engineers with the development of proposals, quotations, architectures and presentations.
- Mentor peer and cross-functional engineers in learning, implementing, and operating solutions.
- 5+ years of practical industry knowledge (implementation and operations).
- Must have 2-3 years of experience with AWS (design, migration, implementation, operation)
- Experience with other public cloud services a plus: Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud.
- Comfortable assisting and engaging with the sales team on new and existing opportunities.
- Practical deployment, design and operations of security for cloud solutions is highly desirable.
- Comfortable recommending technologies related to customer’s needs.
- Linux/Unix skills in administration, configuration, installation, design and maintenance are required.
- Scripting and automation skills are highly desirable. Python, PowerCLI, Chef, Puppet, Terraform and other platforms are a plus.
- Knowledge around monitoring and Analytics tools such as Splunk, DataDog, ThousandEyes, OMS, and NewRelic.
- Experience with Identity, Access, and Management tools such as Active Directory and SSO solutions like Azure AD, Okta, Ping, Onelogin, ADFS etc.
- Familiar with tools such as Git, GitHub, VS, VSTS, BitBucket, Confluence, Jira, Slack, Visio, etc.
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins, VSTS, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience at a hardware or software reseller preferred
- Would prefer 3+ years of post-sales professional services project delivery experience, and 2+ years of professional, solution-based pre-sales experience within the hardware/software industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with people or work independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Appropriate IT recognized certifications desired. Must be willing to obtain certifications.
- Broad understanding of operating systems, hypervisors, public, private, hybrid cloud platforms.