Test Engineer – Electro-Optical
DOE Mountain View, CA 94043 | Contract
Looking for a test engineer to assist on an optical communications project in a multidisciplinary R&D group. This person will build test stations, generate SW and test complex circuit card assemblies, optical subassemblies, lasers and optical receivers.
- Develop custom test platforms for SW and SW verification. (This is for engineering teams and contract manufacturers).
- Develop SW in order to automated integrations, testing & logging for electronics, electro-optics, mechatronics and optical assemblies.
- Generate procedures for the tests, testing plans, testing reports/processes for tracking the composition/test logs for each assembly.
- Test & qualify HW per structural, environmental and EMC.
- Support HW and SW debugging.
- 3+ years of experience in HW & SW integration and test.
- Embedded C/C++ experience.
- Scripting experience in Python or a similar language.
- Experienced with lab test equipment - Oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, BERT, network analyzer, network test equipment, etc.
- Experience with network test equipment - TCP/IP, 10GigE, high speed circuit testing and handling fiber-optics.
- Experience with optics – handling sensitive lenses, splicing fibers working in a clean room, etc.
- Experience with electro-optical test – optical spectrum analyzer, optical power meter, evaluation of highly sensitive detectors and laser safety.